Thursday, March 8, 2012

Volunteer Experiences

Posted by Allyson

One of the things that I value highly as the volunteer coordinator for Wagner Farm is seeing the satisfaction of the people who so generously donate their time and services to the farm. I think it is very important that we work with volunteers to create an experience that will fulfill both their needs and desires and the mission of Wagner Farm.

In January, I asked volunteers to submit testimonials about why they like volunteering here for us to include in some new volunteer materials. While I realize that this is not a method traditionally used to gather feedback, I found it to be very informative of what volunteers particularly enjoy about their experiences at the farm. Since Andy and Rob have just finished creating a special section on the bulletin board in the Heritage Center for volunteer information, I thought I would display a few:


I think Arlene and Patrick nailed it on the head, so to speak. There is something very appealing about being at a farm and having the opportunity to be a part of farm life.

If you feel the same way, consider stopping by our Volunteer Open House this Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Wagner Farm Heritage Center to learn more about our volunteer opportunities at the farm and the Glenview Farmers Market.